1. What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small, often encrypted text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer or device’s hard drive when you visit a website. Cookies are used to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to monitor effectiveness and improve performance. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
3. What Cookies Do We Use on the Website?
By using our website, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of our website and your use and experience of our website will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. Certain features of our website depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed in Part 6, but please be aware that our website may not work properly if you do so.
The following Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
- PHPSESSID - This cookie is a reference to a unique session ID set by our website for the current browsing session. No personal data is stored in it. The session is ended when a user’s browser is closed. This allows core functionality and by disabling it, the site may not function as intended.
- Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz ….) - This cookie allows us to record page visits and sources so we can measure the performance of our site, using a service called Google Analytics. For more information please see Part 4.
- We may use embedded video or photo content from websites such as Vimeo or YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with embedded content, you may be presented with Cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these Cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
- We may use links to external websites through our website. These may also collect browsing information from you using Cookies. We do not control the dissemination of these Cookies. You should check the relevant third-party website for more information about these.
4. Google Analytics
5. Consent and Control
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject Cookies. Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set these Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may if you wish deny consent to the placing of Cookies, unless those Cookies are strictly necessary, however certain features of our website may not function fully or as intended.
- To opt-in: Simply click ‘I agree’ in the pop-up banner which appears when you first use the website.
- To opt-out: By opting-out via the pop-up, this will automatically disable any non-essential cookies on the website.
6. How to Set and Customise your Cookie Settings in your Browser
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. All recent versions of commonly used browsers give users a level of control over Cookies. Visit www.aboutcookies.org for instructions on how to change your settings alternatively see links below to changing settings in the most common browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access our website more quickly and efficiently.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Further Information
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 1292 267615
17 Viewfield Road